7 Day Amdo Nomad Group Tour
Amdo is the home of beautiful nature with vast grasslands surrounded by Tibetan nomads living in harmony with the animals and the environment.
This camping tour with Tibetan nomads gives an exciting opportunity to learn about an ancient way of life while intimately experiencing beautiful Tibetan culture.
Seven days Tibetan nomads adventure tour in Zoige grasslands, located in the northwest of Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan province.
There are about 460 kilometers from Chengdu to Zoige county. This tour is a great chance to visit Tibetan nomadic families and experience the nomadic lifestyle via milking yaks, making yak butter, herding yaks, and riding horses with local Tibetan nomads.
The Tour also includes peaceful moments with local Tibetan nomads via drinking butter tea, eating yak jerky, and swapping stories.
Highlights of the tour
- Authentic Tibetan home-stay tour.
- Vast grasslands of Zoige, the largest grassland in Amdo.
- In-depth experience of traditional nomadic culture.
- Helping nomads milking yaks and cook meals.
- Camping, horseback riding, and short hikes.
- The 7-days trip begins and ends in Chengdu, China.
- 1-night homestay, two nights in the hotel and four nights camp.
- The average altitude of the tour is 3300 meters.
- The tour will be available from May to September
Tour Type: 7-Days Group Tour
Group Size: Min 2 People / Max 6 People
Tour Duration: 7 Days
Price: 1,300 USD
- All the ground transportation fees in Amdo
- Experienced driver and minivan or minibus according to group size
- Personal, comfortable, clean and safe transportation
- Personal knowledgeable Tibetan English-speaking guide
- All accommodation (2 nights accommodation based on double occupancy)
- Home-stay in Serzuma village and camp with local nomadic families
- Meals: breakfast, lunches, and dinner (drink included: tea or mineral water)
- Half day horse riding in Tangkor
- Entrance ticket fees for sites included in the program
- Tibetan driver and driver's and guide’s food & accommodation
- All the camping equipment (Tents and Mattresses)
- All the road tolls and fuel costs
- Administrative fee
- Passport and Chinese Visa fees
- International and domestic airfare/train ticket
- Single room supplement
- Insurance (travel, medical, etc)
- Tips for the Tibetan guide and the driver
- Your own expenses
Day 1: Chengdu - Meiyaluo - Serzuma village / 430km 7 hrs / Homestay
Our guide and driver will come to meet your group at the hotel and then continue drive to Ngawa. The Sichuan part of Amdo lies within Aba / Ngawa Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture in far northern Sichuan province. Today it's a long drive to Serzuma village, and once you arrive at Tibet Plateau, there are thousands of yaks cover the vast grasslands, and nomadic tents see everywhere on the grasslands. Continue drive to Serzuma Village, A beautiful semi-nomadic village in Ngawa area. You will have a chance to stay with a local Tibetan family. It's also a very nice place to hike and walk in authentic Tibet village.
Overnight homestay in Serzuma village
Day 2: Serzuma village - Chongche grasslands - Tangkor 150km / 3hrs Camp
Today we will drive to Tangkor town through the most beautiful grasslands in Asia, Zoige and Chongchu grasslands filled with yaks, sheep and horses. Drive along the Kyachu river to Tangkor, there is an excellent chance to nomadic families and yaks along the road. Tangkor is a small Tibetan nomadic village located along the Kyachu River and Yellow River. Once there in Tangkor camp with local nomadic family and prepare for your horse riding adventure.
Day 3: Tangkor Town - Nomad Summer Place 3430m / 2hrs
In the morning, we will drive to nomad summer place throughout grassy hills and opened grasslands, beautiful grasslands filled with wild flowers and animals on the way to nomads summer place. There is a perfect chance to taste some yak milk tea and yak yogurt. Today we will visit 2 or more Tibetan nomadic families on the way to our camping site.
Camp with the local nomads
Day 4: Camp with local nomads / Camp
Experience firsthand the lifestyle of Tibetan nomads. Join the nomads herding yak and sheep and making yak butter, cheese and yogurt. Try riding a yak. You might fall off, and the nomads might laugh at you, but then they will help you back on. There is an excellent chance to learn nomads live and help them make yak butter and yak cheese. Herd yaks and sheep, help nomads to collect yak dung. Learn Tibetan food with local nomads and cook your own meals with them.
Day 5: Tangkor grasslands / Horse Riding
Spend another day with local nomads to expereince thier life and there is a very good chance to join local nomads horse racing hold in the summer places. We will take the chance to meet more local nomads and see their horse racing on the opened grasslands.
Day 6: Chongche county ( Ch Hongyuan) 100kms / 2hrs Hotel
Today drive to Chongche county through rolling grasslands filled with yaks and animals. Visit giant Stupa in Mewa, afterwards, continue to drive to Chongche. Have a nice shower once arrive at your hotel.
Stay overnight in Chongche
Day 7: Chongche - Wenchuan-Chengdu 420kms / 7hrs / Hotel
In the early morning, drive back to Chengdu via Chongche grassland and Gyarong valley with filled with evergreen trees. Once in Chengdu say a goodbye to our Tibetan guide and driver, ended your pleasant Amdo nomads adventure tour in Chengdu.