China visa from Nepal
Updated on 2023 August 5th.
Plan your trip to Tibet a month in advance and book the tour to Tibet at least 20 days in advance, so we have enough time to apply for a China Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit.
- China Tibet group visa
- Tibet Travel Permit
China Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit are the two main documents required to travel to China Tibet from Nepal.
Question: How many days it will take to apply for a Tibet group visa?
Answer: We request Travelers spend three full working days in Kathmandu to apply for a China-Tibet group visa through our Nepal partner agency. China Embassy in Nepal will not open on Saturday and Sunday. They are also a few dates when the Chinese Embassy will be closed for holidays.
China visa from Nepal latest update 2023 July
- At the moment there is a minimum requirement of 4 people from the same nationality to get a China visa from Nepal.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa air travel is not open at the moment, the only option will be taking a vehicle overland trip from Nepal to Tibet from Rasuwa Kyirong border.
Kathmandu, Nepal - China Embassy Holiday List 2024
1. January 1st ( New Year ) 24th -30th Spring festival
2. February ( No holiday )
3. March ( No holidays )
4. April 4th, 5th, 6th ( Ancestor Memorable Day)
5. May 1st to May 5th ( International Labor Day)
6. June 25th, 26th, 27th ( Dragon boating festival )
7. July ( No holiday )
8. August ( No holiday )
9. September ( No holiday )
10. October 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ( National holiday )
11. November ( No holiday )
12. December ( No holiday )
China Group visa fee rate for Travelers
1. European citizens: 85 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 110 US Dollars per person
2. American citizens: 175 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 200 US Dollars per person
3. Canadian citizens: 120 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 145 US Dollars per person
4. Israeli citizens: 80 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 105 US Dollars per person
5. Romanian citizens: 122 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 147 US Dollars per person
6. Serbia citizens: 26 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollars service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 51 US Dollars per person
7. Albanian and Micronesian citizens: 5 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 30 US Dollars per person
8. Brazilian citizens: 165 US Dollars plus 25 US Dollar service fee of our Nepal partner travel agency = 190 US Dollars per person
Above 25 US dollars is the service charge of our Nepal partner travel agency.
The following countries have to apply for China & Tibet group visas in their own respective country:
3. Sri Lanka
16. The Democratic Republic of Congo
22. South Sudan
Three crucial pieces of information are needed to get the China Tibet Group Visa from the Nepal China Embassy
- Three full working days
- Original passport
- One photo with white background ( size example below )
Photo: Example of China Tibet Group visa photo size with a white background.
Travelers can pay for the China Tibet group visa fee once arriving in Nepal. Our partner agency in Nepal will come to the airport or Travelers Hotel to arrange the China Tibet Group visa. For more information regarding travel to Tibet from Nepal, Travelers can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org