How to travel to Tibet from Nepal? - 2024 Best Chosen Way
How to travel to Tibet from Nepal? - 2024 Best Chosen Way
One can reach Tibet from Nepal by either flying to Lhasa, Tibet from Kathmandu, Nepal, or by opting for an overland tour from the Nepal border.
If you are traveling to Tibet from Nepal, this article provides guidance. For those intending to travel to Tibet from cities within China, please refer to a separate article by clicking here. Getting a China Group visa can be a breeze if you apply from Nepal!
Content Table for Travel Tibet from Nepal.
1. Plan the trip a month in advance.
To ensure a smooth trip to Tibet, it is recommended that you plan your itinerary one month ahead of time. Also, it is essential to reserve your Tibet tours beforehand to allow enough at least 20 days for us to process your China Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit. In order to travel to Tibet from Nepal, you will require two essential documents: the China Tibet group visa and the Tibet Travel Permit. You can rest easy knowing that we will handle the process of obtaining both document for you.
2. How to get a China group visa from Nepal, step-by-step Guide.
In order to travel to Tibet from Nepal, you will require two essential documents: the China Tibet group visa and the Tibet Travel Permit. You can rest easy knowing that we will handle the process of obtaining both document for you.
3. How long will it take to apply for a China group visa?
We recommend spending three to four days in Kathmandu to get the China Tibet Group visa with the help of our Nepalese partner agency. Please not that the Chinese Embassy in Nepal is closed on weekends and a few holidays throughout the year. We want to make sure you have smooth and stress-free visa application process, so please take a look at holidays dates for 2024.
4. What are the 2024 holiday dates for the China Embassy in Nepal?
- April 4th, 5th, 6th ( Ancestor Memorable Day)
- May 1st to May 5th ( International Labor Day)
- June 25th, 26th, 27th ( Dragon boating festival )
- October 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ( National holiday )
Photo: China Group Visa
5. What is the cost of the China Tibet Group visa fee?
Regular visa fee / four working days.
USA: $ 204 per person
Canada: $ 104 per person
Other Countries: $ 80 per person
* Note: Service charge is included in the above visa fees.
Urgent visa fee / three working days.
USA: $ 229 per person
Canada: $ 129 per person
Other Countries: $ 105 per person
Note: Service charge is included in the above visa fees.
6. What is the latest update on the China Tibet Group Visa 2024?
- To obtain a China visa from Nepal, the minimum requirement is four individuals. However, you can rest assured that you can reach out to us via email for any further inquiries.
- By April, travelers will be able to fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Alternatively, there will be the option of a vehicle journey from Nepal to Tibet via the Rasuwa Kyirong border.
7. The Chinese Embassy in Nepal requires what specific details?
- Four full working days in Kathmandu.
- The Traveler must have their original passport with them.
- One photo with a white background (size example below).
Image: Example of China Tibet Group visa photo size with a white background.
Upon arrival in Nepal, travelers have the option to pay for the China Tibet group visa fee. To arrange the visa, our affiliate agency in Nepal will visit the airport or the traveler's hotel.
8. What are the exact requirements for booking a tour of Tibet from Nepal?
- A well scanned copy of your passport.
- The tour's entry and exit dates will need to be confirmed, along with the destinations to be visited while traveling through Tibet.
- Payment deposit of 50 US dollars per person using Paypal. firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What are the entry and exit dates for the Tibet Travel Permit?
Please note that your entry and exit dates will be recorded on the Tibet Travel Permit. It is crucial to leave Tibet and other cities in China by the specified exit date. As per regulations, travelers are advised to limit their visits to only the sites listed on the Tibet Travel Permit. As soon as you arrive at Lhasa Gonggar airport or the Kyirong border with Nepal, our friendly tour guide will obtain the Tibet Travel Permit and welcome you.
10. How to Purchase flight from home to Nepal?
Below, we suggest ways to buy your flights to Nepal and then use the Tibet Travelers agency to arrange your travel to Tibet either by land or plane. We suggest using the Kayak, Trip.com, and Fare Compare websites to find the best international flights to Nepal. You can also look for trustworthy flight websites from Google.
11. How to purchase a flight from Nepal to Tibet?
If you need assistance in obtaining flight tickets from Kathmandu, Nepal, to Lhasa, Tibet, we are here to help. Please note that in order to board a flight to Tibet, travelers are required to possess the original Tibet Travel Permit at Lhasa airport or Nepal border town if they travel by land. In order to ensure that you have the proper documentation, we will arrange for one of our tour guides to meet you at Lhasa airport or Nepal border.
12. What are the Tibet Travel Itineraries Recommendations?
We recommend a few travel itineraries for travelers. The first Tibet travel journey is a 10-day Tibet travel that begins in Lhasa and culminates at Mount Everest base camp and Namtso Lake. The second Tibet trip we recommend is a 17-day Tibet travel journey from Lhasa that takes you to Mount Kailash, where you will trek for three days over 52km at an altitude of 5000 meters. During this tour, you will also visit the Guge Kingdoms and Mount Everest base camp.
If you're a traveler intending to visit Nepal following Tibet, we highly suggest our 8-day overland excursion from Lhasa to Kathmandu, which includes a stop at Mount Everest's North Face Base Camp.
13. How to meet your agency staff in Tibet?
Begin your journey in Tibet by meeting our amiable team of Tibet Travelers, Tibetan local Tour Guide, and local Tour Driver either at Lhasa airport or the Nepal border town.
We are eagerly waiting to greet you and display the splendor of Tibet, so please feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries or apprehensions. We would be delighted to receive your feedback. You can reach us anytime through Live Chat, DM on Instagram, or by sending us an email at email@example.com. I can't wait to help you plan your Tibet tour and tibet travel adventure!