Travel from Nepal
This Article's latest update is on 2023 July 5th.
Travel to Lhasa, Tibet from Kathmandu, Nepal
- Plan a trip to Tibet at least a month in advance.
- Apply for Tibet Travel Permit and China Tibet group visa from the tourism office in Lhasa, Tibet through Tibet Travelers travel agency.
- Buy the flights to Nepal and buy the flights or book the overland trip to Tibet.
- Meet the Tibet Travelers staff at the Lhasa Gonggar airport or Kyirong border between Nepal and start the tour.
Plan a trip to Tibet at least a month in advance
Plan your trip to Tibet a month in advance and book the tour to Tibet at least 20 days in advance, so we have enough time to apply for a Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit.
China Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit are the two main documents required to travel to Tibet from Nepal.
Question: How many days it will take to apply for a China-Tibet group visa?
Answer: We request Travelers spend three full working days in Kathmandu to apply for a Tibet group visa through our Nepal partner agency.
China visa from Nepal latest update 2023 July
- At the moment there is a minimum requirement of 4 people from the same nationality to get a China visa from Nepal.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa air travel is not open at the moment, the only option will be taking a vehicle overland trip from Nepal to Tibet from Rasuwa Kyirong border. Here is the article on how to get a China visa from Nepal updates.
The information and documents required to apply for a China Tibet group visa and Tibet Travel Permit are:
- A scan of the passport.
- Confirmation of the tour entry date, exit date, and travel destinations in Tibet.
- Deposit 100 US Dollars through Paypal.
We will need clear scans of passports. Travelers will have to confirm the exact entering date and exit date to Tibet from Nepal.
Entering and Exit dates
The Tibet entering & exit dates are written on the Tibet Travel Permit so Travelers must leave Tibet and China on the written exit date. Travelers are allowed to travel only to the sites in Tibet which are written on the Tibet Travel Permit.
Our Tour Guide will bring the Tibet Travel Permit at the Lhasa Gongkar airport or Kyirong border between Nepal to pick up the Travelers and to register.
International flight to China
Even though websites are changing each year. We recommend Kayak, and Fare Compare website. Travelers can also check Google to find the best international flight websites. Send us an email regarding traveling to Tibet. firstname.lastname@example.org